What are dynamic forms?
The layout of a record detail page that contains fields and sections is dynamic; you can show/hide the sections and fields based on certain filter criteria, which is currently not possible with page layouts.
You can use dynamic forms only on the record detail page.
Dynamic forms are able to be used in both standard and custom objects.
How can we enable dynamic forms?
Go to any object record page and click the gear icon, then select the “Edit Page” button.
Select the record detail page section, and on the right side of the information, you can see dynamic
form tool box to “Upgrade now.”
After clicking the “Upgrade Now” button, we are able to use the dynamic forms.
- Show a particular section or fields on the page layout based on the value of other fields.
- For example, display a component or section when a lead, opportunity, or quote has reached a certain stage.
- Show a particular section or fields on the page layout based on the value of fields on the parent object.
- Create a separate layout with selected fields for users with certain profiles or different layouts depending on the form factor.
- You can use dynamic forms for all custom objects and selected standard objects, like
Account, contacts, leads, cases, and opportunities
- You can add up to 100 columns in a field section component.
- Blank spaces are not supported.
In this example, we made a sample use of dynamic forms. Here the industry field equals “agriculture,” the annual revenue field is disabled, and if the industry field does not equal “agriculture,” the annual revenue field is enabled.
Pic 1: Industry field equals agriculture
Pic 2: The industry field does not equal agriculture.
What are Dynamic Actions?
On the record page with certain criteria Reduce the clutter of action buttons in the Highlights Panel. Add and/or remove actions on the page with a modern UI.
How can we enable dynamic actions?
In the edit page, click the Highlights panel, and then you can see the “Upgrade Now” button to enable dynamic actions.
Benefits of Dynamic Action:
- Add, reorder, and remove actions directly from within the Lightning App Builder, with a modern UI and live preview.
- Manage the actions on your pages in the Lightning App Builder without touching the page layout editor.
- Reduce the number of page layouts you need with action visibility rules.
- Show a particular action button based on the value of other fields.
- Display or hide action buttons depending on the picklist value fields.
- Show an action button on the page layout based on the value of fields on the parent object.
- Show a separate set of buttons for users with certain profiles or different buttons depending on the form factor.